To get started, follow these installation notes, then acquaint yourself with the Quick Tutorial and MasterTemplate Training videos (see the site navigation menu) to become familiar with the template system. Thank you for purchasing MasterTemplate (AMT).
AMT19 DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS
You may download and install the ArchiCAD 19 version by following these instructions.
NOTE: Other versions of MasterTemplate are available from the links in the sidebar menu.
MASTERTEMPLATE 19 – DOWNLOAD & SETUP
1. To download MasterTemplate, right-click the appropriate files below and choose Save As or Save Linked File As or Save Target File As (this command varies depending on what browser you are using)
2. Unzip and place all the contents together into a suitable folder (you may want to call it AMT, and place it into your My Documents or Documents folder).
3. Open up ArchiCAD 19, and tell it to browse for a file, choose All Files from the type popup rather than solo project, and go to that folder and open up the MasterTemplate 19 DE TEMPLATE.tpl file.
4. You will likely get three warning messages while the file is being read, which are easy to correct:
5. After the file finishes opening, you will need to relink the Hotlinked Modules. In the File menu > External Content > Hotlink Manager, highlight one of the HLM files in the lower section, click the Relink -> from file button, then browse to the MasterTemplate Linked Files folder and find the file (you may need to switch the popup to show PLN files rather than MOD files). Repeat for the other two HLM files. Click OK to finish the relinking, then ArchiCAD will reload the HLM files from their new location.
6. You should save the file at that point, having cleaned up these basic links.
7. You will want to customize the template to make it your own. A first step is to replace the company logo file (AMT Layout Master Company Logo.jpg) in the MasterTemplate Linked Files folder. You can open this file in an image editing program, paste in your company logo, and then save (replacing the original file). The Master Layouts (title blocks) refer to this file, and will update to show your logo when you update any of the drawings on the sheet.
8. Other customization is described in the MasterTemplate Manual. As you revise the template, you may want to give it a different name than the original (MasterTemplate 19 DE TEMPLATE.tpl) to make it clear that this is your own version. This file should remain (and be saved as) a TPL (template) file.
9. If you’d like to bring into your template information from previous templates or projects in your office, you may open up two sessions of ArchiCAD (click the checkbox when you browse for the file to start a new instance of ArchiCAD), and copy and paste between the two.
10. You can use the TPL right away in your work – when you start a new project, you’ll pick the Use a Template option and browse for this file. Later, when you pick Use a Template it will remember this file as the default for new projects, and it will stay in the popup list in case you pick another one for any reason.
The MasterTemplate Manual is a primary source for learning about the use of the template. Additional training materials will be released this summer.
SAMPLE PROJECT FILES
Please explore the Sample Project that illustrates many of the features of MasterTemplate in context. You will find this in the MasterTemplate Supplemental Files folder.
When you open the sample project, you’ll get the standard warning messages about the Hotlinked Modules being missing, which you can ignore – leaving them unlinked will not cause any problems as you browse around inside the file.
QUESTIONS / ASSISTANCE
If you’d like help with setting up MasterTemplate, or are interested in project-focused assistance or guidance on how to optimize ArchiCAD for your office, please email us. Assistance is available on a consulting basis. We can work remotely via GoToMeeting to share a screen while talking on the phone, and address any or all of your implementation or training questions.
Thanks for your purchase of MasterTemplate. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you!
Eric Bobrow and Joachim Suehlo
Bobrow Consulting Group
MasterTemplate – The Office Standard for ArchiCAD